Mario Cartaya is the Founder and Principal Owner of Cartaya and Associates Architects. He has built one of the area’s most stable and successful Architectural Firms. His work has been recognized in several magazine and newspaper articles and covers. He has received numerous local and national awards including five (5) Broward County Proclamations and national AIA awards.
Mario has also dedicated himself to giving back to the community. He served eight years as a member and chair of the Broward College Board of Trustees, sixteen years on Senator Bob Graham’s Air Force and Naval Academy Selection Committees, and four years on the Broward County Cultural Arts Council. Mr. Cartaya was, furthermore, an Adjunct Professor at the School of Architecture, Florida Atlantic University from 1995 to 2007.
His life has been dedicated to the pursuit of excellence in his professional career and the improvement of the community in which he lives.
Licenses and Certifications:
- American Institute of Architects #38290318
- Florida Registered Architect & Planner #AR0007787
- NCARB Registration #34447
- Uniform Building Code Inspector’s License
- Bachelor of Architecture – Magna Cum Laude University of Florida – 1974
- Masters in Building Construction – High Honors University of Florida – 1975
Present Professional Affiliations:
- American Institute of Architects
- American Cancer Society Board of Directors
- Broward County Public Art and Design Board
- Florida House Board of Directors
- AV Med Health Plans Board of Directors
- Broward Workshop
- National Council of Architectural Registration Boards